Our purpose, core values and vision for the future are built on our commitment to providing the Native people of the Norton Sound region with the highest quality health care possible.
Providing quality health services and promoting wellness within our people and environment.
Our core values:
- Cultural sensitivity and respect for traditional values
- Always learning and improving
Our vision for the future:
- We will ensure that all patients receive quality and respectful health care.
- We will educate our patients and communities to be proactive in caring for themselves and promoting wellness.
- We will listen to, honor, and respect our elders, preserve their right to speak, and ensure they receive the best care in gratitude for their leadership.
- We will increase wellness efforts to reduce addictive behaviors and to raise the quality of life among our people and communities.
- We will advocate that our environment (air, land and water) will be clean, and our water and waste disposal systems are safe and affordable, in order to ensure our subsistence way of life.
- We will assert and implement tribal self-governance to achieve our vision through effective leadership.
- We will hire and support our tribal members to deliver and manage our services.
- We will develop state of the art and efficient health care facilities throughout the region.
- We will be financially strong through aggressive, effective and efficient financial management.
- We will support and develop our youth to pursue higher education and health care careers to ensure there is future tribal leadership.