Healthy Start Program
Healthy Start is a new program for women and children in the Norton Sound Region. Our goal is to improve birth outcomes and reduce perinatal disparities in a population that experiences a disproportionate burden of perinatal health problems.
Healthy Start Provides:
- One-on-one support for women throughout their pregnancies and after birth for 2 years
- Home-visits by a case manager
- Link to area assistance agencies and community resources
- Depression and substance abuse screenings
- Community health education classes
Who Can Participate?
- Pregnant women and new mothers in the Norton Sound Region
- Participation in Healthy Start is voluntary and completely free!
How Can I Enroll?
If you live in Nome, come in to the Healthy Start office at the Norton Sound Regional Hospital. We are behind the pharmacy and near social services, in office C116.
If you live in one of Norton Sound’s villages, stop by the health clinic! They can set you up with the appropriate forms!
For more information or to contact Healthy Start—
PH: (907) 443-3398 or 3241
Carol Hobbs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicole Santonastaso, NDTR at email@example.com
6PM to 9PM
UAF-Northwest Campus Conference Room
*No registration required. Please see flyer for more details.*
Safe Sleep Training Flyer
Four - Saturday Sessions beginning April 25th and ending May 16th
Norton Sound Health Corporation - Conference Rooms 212/214