The Chronic Care Active Management and Prevention (CAMP) program helps communities develop culturally sensitive programs that promote healthy lifestyles and prevent chronic illnesses. CAMP also works to empower individuals to take ownership of their own healthcare with family and community support. Services include:
- Diabetes prevention and health promotion
- Physical fitness programs
- Diabetes case management
- Individual screening and counseling
- Village grants
- Tobacco cessation assistance
10 in 10 Weight Loss Challenge- Starts January 6th. Register Today!
Summercise Applications Now Available!
How to apply?
- Send application packet via email to Megan Timm at Summercise@nshcorp.org (preferred method), fax or mail by February 28, 2014. All materials must be sent as either a Microsoft Word Document or PDF.
- Email: Summercise@nshcorp.org (preferred)
- Fax: (907) 443-4571
- Mail: NSHC-CAMP Department, Attn: Megan Timm, PO Box 966, Nome, Alaska 99762
- Questions? Contact Megan Timm at (907) 443-4583
Important Dates for Summercise 2014 Applicants:
- Due Date for Summercise Application: February 28, 2014
- Arrive in Nome: May 25-26
- Orientation & Training: May 27-June 6
- Summercise Dates: June 9-July 24
- Leave Nome: July 30
- Total Summercise Commitment: May 27 – July 30, 2014
- Nome Health Fair
- Nome Turkey Trot
- Great American Smokeout Event - Savoonga
- Tobacco Free Class