Support 42 years of Health Aide Care and Earn Money at the same time. Be a model for a Community Health Aide Student. These students are already Health Aides but are getting more advanced training. You will be a “pretend” patient for Health Aides; a Health Aide trainer (PA or doctor) will be present at each appointment, which will last about 2 hours unless otherwise noted. The upcoming training is Session 3, February 12-March 1, 2018, in Nome. Most visits will be at the hospital.
NOTE: These appointments are for Health Aide training only and are NOT intended to be like an appointment at the hospital. If you need help with a health problem, you MUST see a provider. THESE ARE PRACTICE APPOINTMENTS ONLY.
Patient Types Needed and amount of money for your time:
• Prenatal exam with trainer and one student. You should be 7 months or more pregnant. It is just like a “real” OB visit; however, no pelvic exams are done. The student takes your vital signs and weight, measures abdomen, listens to baby’s heart rate, determines whether the baby is head-up or head-down by feeling abdomen, and asks questions about how you are doing. You can make up answers. $100
• Prenatal exam visit for 4 student class. You should be more than 7 months pregnant. This visit is about 1 and ½ hrs and doesn’t involve any questions, just hands-on skills. Students would measure your abdomen, listen to baby’s heart rate, and determine whether the baby is head-up or head-down by feeling abdomen. This would be done at the Health Aide Training Center.
• $50 per student.
• Male genital exam. Includes STD questions and exam. No swab or rectal exam. The Health Aide trainer will tell you ahead of time how to make up answers to the questions. $75
• Female genital exam. Includes STD questions and exam, including pelvic exam. The Health Aide trainer will tell you ahead of time how to make up answers to the questions. $75
• Well Child Exam. Newborn to 6th birthday; NO shots given. $50
• Female breast exam. Class of 4 students. $25 per student
Want to sign up? Questions? Call the Health Aide Training Center at 443-3404 and leave a message for a trainer to call you back.