Norton Sound Health Corporation is seeking stories from around the region on what it’s like living without water and sewer. These stories can be sent in the form of videos, photos or written comments to help elevate the need for serving the region’s unserved communities.
NSHC will pay $50 to each video submitter and interview subject (one-time payments). Video submitters and interviewees must fill out W-9 forms in order to receive honorarium. Video submissions are due May 15, 2020.
- Please record on a smartphone in the horizontal/landscape position
- Videos should be no longer than 3 minutes (for ease of upload)
- You may submit multiple videos
- You can submit videos by uploading them to Google Drive or Dropbox or another free sharing service, and emailing the link to
- You can also submit videos and photos to the Google album “NSHC Water & Sewer Stories” here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/5bunSKnVotPQpQpK9
Consider filming/photographing the following things:
- Hauling water
- Storing water
- Handwashing basin
- Washing clothes
- Bathroom condition
- Housing conditions
- Vision for your community
Consider filming/writing the following interview questions for parents, kids and elders:
- How do you haul water?
- Who hauls the water?
- Where do you get water?
- How do you store clean water?
- Where does the honey bucket waste go?
- How many people use the hand washing basin?
- What is your experience with washing clothes?
- How much does it cost to do a load of laundry?
- What is your experience with bathing?
- How much does it cost to shower?
- What is your vision for your community?