- Register by July 7th.
- There are 30 spots available for individuals to participate in this training.
- Travel, lodging, and meals will be provided. Lodging provided is at Camp Nuuk, approximately 20 miles from Nome. Participants must participate in all three days of training.
- Priority is given to residents of our village communities to help expand evidenced-based breastfeeding support in our region.
- If selected, you will receive confirmation by July 10th and arrangements for travel will be made at that time.
- Participants will receive 21.25 LCERPS (for lactation professionals) and 24 contact hours for other credentialed professionals. Participants have the option of obtaining the CLE (Certified Lactation Educator) credential after the completion of this training.
- In the evenings, participants will be able to participate in subsistence activities with provided transportation and supplies.
Schedule Of Events:
Monday, July 31st: Participants arrive in Nome, transportation to Camp Nuuk for check-in.
Tuesday, August 1st: Day 1 Training
Wednesday, August 2nd: Day 2 Training
Thursday, August 3rd: Day 3 Training
Friday, August 4th: Departures
(a more comprehensive schedule will be provided in the weeks leading up to the training)
Participants are encouraged to stay at Camp Nuuk for the training to participate in community building and wellness activities planned and provided. Residents of Nome may opt to travel in daily, but transportation is not provided/guaranteed (though carpooling is encouraged) outside of the arrival and departure dates.
Breastfeeding infants under the age of 6 months are permitted to accompany participants.
If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Santonastaso at the CAMP Department at 443-3480 or .
Ready to Sign Up?
Registration form: bit.ly/lactationtraining
Our exclusive logo/artwork is designed by Mandy Ellanna, please do not use without permission.