FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nome, Alaska – Norton Sound Health Corporation COVID-19 testing in Nome will now be recognized by the state of Hawaii as travelers from the region make plans to fly to the tropical islands.
NSHC has partnered with Capstone Clinic, which is a Hawaii Trusted Testing Partner, so that COVID-19 tests run in Nome will appear on the electronic health record platform called COVIDSECURE.
Hawaii requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test before travelers arrive in the state. Regional residents who would like to be tested in Nome, rather than Anchorage or elsewhere, before their Hawaii visit can do so. Travelers should follow these steps:
- Download the smartphone app called COVIDSECURE or create an online account through covidsecureapp.com
- Book an appointment for “COVID test for Hawaii travel” by going to picktime.com/NSHC
- Results will be uploaded into the COVIDSECURE profile
- Upload the results into Hawaii’s Safe Travel website at https://travel.hawaii.gov/#/ or print your results out to have on hand when traveling into Hawaii
- When you are checked in and awaiting your flight to Hawaii, see your gate agent in Anchorage (or elsewhere) to receive a wrist band, which will allow you to skip screening upon arrival
The Nome-based testing experience has not changed. Patients will receive their tests at the Testing Center, located on the corner of K Street and Greg Kruschek Avenue.
Stay up to date with the latest by visiting www.nortonsoundhealth.org/category/covid-19.