FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 5, 2021
Contact: Alexis Erikson, Public Relations Specialist
Phone: (907) 443-8918
Six Positive COVID-19 Cases Identified
Nome, Alaska – On August 4, Norton Sound Health Corporation identified 3 positive COVID-19 cases in Stebbins and three in regional villages. All cases are community spread and close contacts are being notified.
There are currently 51 active COVID-19 case in the region; three are in Nome, 45 are in Stebbins, and three are in regional villages but have requested that their village not be identified in this press release. Leadership and residents in the involved villages have been made fully aware.
As of July 31, 42% of Stebbins residents are fully vaccinated, and 45% have received a first dose. All Stebbins residents ages 12 and older who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 are advised to immediately go to the clinic for a their first Covid vaccination.
Everyone in the region who is 12 years and older is eligible for COVID-19 vaccination. In a village, residents may contact their local clinic to arrange a vaccination. In Nome, vaccinations are available at the following places and times:
• Wellness Bus at Day Shelter Entrance: vaccines are available every Tuesday from 9:30 – 10 a.m.
• Nome NSHC Pharmacy: walk in Monday-Friday, from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-3 p.m. Appointments are available Monday-Saturday at picktime.com/NSHC.
• Nome Airport: Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are offered to all incoming passengers 12 years and older.
• Nome Post Office: Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are available every Wednesday from 12:30 – 4:30 p.m.
• Wellness Bus at AC: vaccines are available every Wednesday from 8:30 – 11 a.m.